How to Power-Cycle your SMA Sunny Boy Inverter:
1) Turn off the DC disconnect. This is the black dial on the underside of your SMA Sunny Boy inverter. Simply turn it to the “off” position.
2) Turn off your system’s AC disconnect. This is located outside next to your utility meter and is just a lever that you’ll pull down into the “off” position.
3) Wait 5 minutes and then turn them back on in reverse order. Throw the AC lever back up into the “on” position and turn the dial on the inverter back to the “on” position.
After these steps, the inverter will start to turn back on and may take a minute or two to reboot. You should see the main screen as normal once the reboot is complete with no error message. If the issue persists, please contact Solar Cellz USA Customer Support.
Error! Filename not specified.Edit Image
Common Error Messages
If you have Ground Faults or Isolation Errors, do not attempt to power cycle your devicebecause of electrical hazards. Please contact our Customer Support Team.
- Arc Fault Detected/Check DC Generator/AFCI detected
- Power-cycle the inverter, and watch the inverter screen after reenergizing it. You should see a prompt to tap on the inverter to officially clear the error code.
- Unstable Operation
- This typically is caused by snow on panels, when there is not enough input on the DC side. If your panels are clear of snow, get in touch with our Customer Support Team.
- Fac-Bfr (Grid Frequency Disturbance)
- This will happen when the power is out, or if the inverter has disconnected from the power distribution grid.
- It could also be caused by a tripped breaker or blown fuse. To resolve this, please contact our Customer Support Team.
- K-1 Open
- Error requiring replacement. Please contact our Customer Support Team for a replacement.